There is not much you need to do prior to a wellness exam. If you are able to bring a fresh fecal (poop) sample in for your visit, please do. This allows us to check for any intestinal parasites and helps to ensure your pet is as healthy as possible. Otherwise feel free to bring a list of questions or concerns - our team is happy to help.
- New Clients - please arrive 5 - 10 minutes earlier than your appointment time to complete any information needed with our front desk.
- Existing Clients - please arrive a few minutes earlier than your appointment time to complete any information needed with our front desk.
- To help ensure the safety of your pet, other pets, and our team, please make sure that your pet is either on a leash or in a carrier.
- If your pet has been seen by a veterinarian at another hospital, please bring any medical and vaccine history to your appointment. If you cannot obtain the history, please bring the name and phone number of the hospital and we will try to obtain the history during your appointment.
- Please bring a list of any medications, including the prescribed dosages that your pet is currently taking.
- If you have a new puppy or kitten, please bring a stool sample.
- Do not hesitate to let us know if you will require any assistance with moving your pet from your car to our office.